stopwatches online

other ... stuff
cramerjohn004

stopwatches online

Post by cramerjohn004 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:30 am

Keep Score A wonderful writing exercise is to try to count your time and your words. Simply make note of when you start and stop, or use a stopwatch or stopwatch computer program. Many word processors and blogging tools have a word counter you can use. If all else fails, copy and paste the finished product into one that does. There's something like watching your word count every day that helps you stick to your writing schedule, and there's something about seeing the article or story count go up over a few weeks that really helps keep you motivated. Set up a simple spreadsheet in Excel and track your progress. (Hint; don't watch the clock as you're writing, when you're writing, write!)

Get a Journal Even though I spend my day at stopwatches online a keyboard, I find it helps to jot down the basic article ideas in an old fashioned paper journal. Also, sometimes I need to sketch something visually, and writing by hand seems to work better for doing this than a drawing program. You don't have to spend the day "journaling", just have a book where you can jot down a quick idea from time to time, because if you're writing often, you're going to have a lot of them.

Set Goals I find that when I set a specific goal for myself for the week ahead, and remind myself of my goal in the morning, I get more writing done. I try to make my goal just a little bit challenging, but not one that's realistically out of reach given my current numbers (remember, we're keeping score).